03 August 2011

Random

When my parentals were in town, we went to a local roadside produce stand and bought corn on the cob. One of the cobs ending up having four cobs in one husk. I had never seen this. Perhaps this is how they get the small cobbetts. Only problem with this corn was. . . all the ones we bought this time tasted NASTY (okay, my ONE cob tasted nasty); perhaps I cooked it too long. Perhaps I am just prejudice toward a certain farm's corn, or I am just losing my taste for corn.

Bubba AND Ubu both have a little of the green eyed monster in them (yes, they are jealous creatures). Lately I have had to resort to holding them both, and Ubu has taked to sitting on my shoulder, so Bubba and I both get to give Ubu hugs.



A lady in my ward was having twins. Well, I had THE PERFECT fabric for A receiving blanket (it really reminded me of the mom), so I wanted to get another piece, so I could do the matchy-almost-matchy blankets or the "twinner" blankets. Turns out that they did not have the one fabric that I wanted, so I went for the hearts. I also went for the green, since it matched the green hearts so well and was not typically girly. The twins are girls, but these should work. Oh, if you can not tell, there are two blankets in the photo, and I am sort of sad, because one ended up being bigger than the other.





1 comment:

Moo said...

Cute blankets, Bubba, & Ubu & You.
We also had some very nasty corn this weekend. Remind me to only buy from approved roadside produce stands.